Diplo works with numerous partners on delivering training programmes, capacity development, research projects, and raising awareness. We are always interested in establishing new partnerships, especially in the fields of digital policy and diplomacy training.
Our current and recent partners include:
- Federal Department of Foreign Affairs of Switzerland: DiploFoundation hosts and operates the Geneva Internet Platform (GIP), an initiative of the Swiss authorities, which fulfils the mission of a digital policy observatory, capacity building centre (online and in situ), and discussion centre. Our cooperation includes:
- Ford Foundation: Find out more at the Civil Society in Internet Governance project page.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland: Find out more at AI & Diplomacy, Data & Diplomacy, COVID-19 & Diplomacy, and the ConfTech project.
- Organization of American States: Find out more at Diplo’s course catalogue.
- European Union: Find out more at the MAPPING project and capacity development in Internet governance and policy to Asia-Caribbean-Pacific (ACP) countries
- Internet Society: Research and capacity development support, support of just-in-time reporting under the GIP Digital Watch observatory
- Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN): Support of just-in-time reporting under the GIP Digital Watch observatory
- International Organization of Francophonie (Organisation internationale de la Francophonie): Find out more at GIP Digital Watch observatory.
- African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF): Find out more at Learning Network on Capacity Development (LenCD).
- In June 2006, Diplo was granted special consultative status with the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
- Diplo played an important role in a number of global networks, including the Internet Governance Forum (IGF).
- Diplo’s academic programmes are run in cooperation with the Department of International Relations at the University of Malta, which is also the organisation’s accrediting institution. In Malta, Diplo also cooperates in various international initiatives with the Mediterranean Academy of Diplomatic Studies.
- Diplo is a member of the International Forum on Diplomatic Training (IFDT), a group of around 80 diplomatic training academies and institutions from around the world, and additionally hosts the IFDT’s website.
- Diplo has been selected by the Commonwealth Secretariat and the Maltese Ministry for Foreign Affairs to run annual workshops in Malta on ‘Modern Diplomacy for Small States and Legal Instruments for the Internet Economy’, attracting participants from all over the world.
- Diplo is a member of the European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI).
- Working within a tripartite agreement signed in 2009 (and renewed in 2013 and 2015) by the governments of Mexico, Malta, and Switzerland, Diplo provides online training for Mexican diplomats and works together with the Mexican Diplomatic Academy (Instituto Matias Romero) in developing and running online training courses in Spanish and English.
- Diplo works with national government training institutions (including South Africa, Bahrain, and Azerbaijan) to offer customised online and face-to-face diplomacy training programmes.
- Diplo has worked with the IG Middle East North Africa (IGMENA) programme at HIVOS to offer an online introduction to Internet governance in the MENA region. Since 2014, Diplo has offered introductory online courses on Internet governance in Africa in cooperation with the New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD).
- In cooperation with GSMA Capacity Building, Diplo has developed and runs an online capacity development course on online child protection for staff members of telecommunications regulatory authorities worldwide.
While continuing to develop and expand our capacity development professional courses and training programmes, we are also conducting cutting-edge research into technology and policy.
Diplo’s plans include:
- Continuing to seek new capacity development initiatives in the fields of Internet governance, cybersecurity, and related fields
- Developing new online courses on topical issues together with various partner organisations
- Conducting comprehensive global research on public perception of diplomacy and other important and emerging topics
- Further development of tools and techniques for e-participation in global governance
For additional information, please, contact Dr Tereza Horejsova, Director of Projects and Partnerships, at email@example.com.